Happy New Year!

Welcome to my new Christmas blog. I have begun this blog which will replace the Christmas newsletters I used to write and send. I will email this link to my more familiar Christmas readers so they won't be missing anything from the newsletters. In fact, I will make every effort to stay true to the topics I used to cover in the newsletter but with some variety. I still will love to share your pics, stories or anything you want to share. Your Christmas stories. Anything you want to share. Like the newsletter, this is your blog.

January 7 - Well today marks the official end of the Christmas season (at least for those who celebrate Three Kings day on January 6 which was yesterday) I kept it simple. I turned on my tree and cooked a simple dinner but I added my potato salad. I do hope you all enjoyed your Christmas holidays. I visited my mother on Christmas Eve and saw some family there. I spent Christmas day at home where we cooked dinner here. For New Year I also spent it at home while everyone else slept. My son Jason went out with friends so it was mainly me. I didn't mind. It's not the first New Year I stayed to myself only this one we were all battling a stomach bug as well. Thankfully it wasn't serious only it did take away some sting from New Year's Day.

I put away my decorations this morning and felt a melancholy sadness. More sad was seeing my block so dark again. Watching Christmas trees through windows, shining reindeers, poinsettias it's all so pretty to watch.



I hope you all enjoyed your Chrismas season. I would love to hear how you spent your holiday season. I also will like to know if you made any goals for the upcoming New Year. I don't believe in New Year resolutions but I have no problem with setting realistic goals without driving yourself crazy. I set a few goals. Weight loss, more writing success. I have hopes for these things but I also have plans. I take them slowly and day to day. It's the best thing to do when life can be so unpredictable.



                                                        CHRISTMAS THROWBACK



f you remember the newsletter I often added a Christmas I

These throwback pictures are always nice and nostalgic. Sometimes they can be sad as they show people who are no longer here but sad as that may be the pictures can be comforting. After all, we should always consider ourselves blessed to have shared our lives with loved ones. Parents, siblings, grandparents, children, friends, and even pets are loved ones we lose but should remember with love. Yes, there would be sadness but that should only be part of it. The picture I'm sharing here is of my late father Gabriel Torres. He passed away on October 4, 2016. This was the last New Year's Eve I spent in his home which was my childhood home. Before I went that night I had not spent New Year's Eve there in many years. However, my father was already going through the effects of Alzheimer's Disease. There wouldn't be too many chances to spend that New Year's Eve so I went. And I''m glad I did.

January 27, 2019 - This is what makes blogging a bit easier I admit Even if I'm unable to complete this blog in one day, I'm able to pick up where I left off  However since it is my first on there isn't too much to add right now.  I'm introducing the blog and hope you enjoy reading it. Like the Christmas page, I hope to spread Christmas spirit all year long. I will love to hear from you. What will you like to see? Will you be willing to share pictures of your own Christmas past? Or your trees which I may add to our next blog. The ideas are limitless and I won't limit it to only Christmas. But Christmas will still be the main theme.


What is Christmas?


It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and et
ernal and that every path may lead to peace - Agnes M. Pharo



Well, that is all for now. I hope to hear from you. I also want to wish you all a Happy New Year if I didn't already.  



Comments

Popular Posts